Sunday, August 5, 2012

This weekend has been a crafty one. I should have been cleaning house and getting ready for vacation but I just could not muster the energy needed to get out the vacuum and dust cloth so I did what any self respecting crafter does when feeling guilty about not doing house work - I re-arranged my craft  supplies.

While shuffling paper around,  the new stack I bought - Autumn Melody by DCWV- caught my attention. One particular pattern ( brown with gold foil acorns) really stood out and was begging to be used. I had no idea what I was going to make out of it - but I knew that there would be something in my SVGcut files- all I had to do was go to my computer, open the files and look through the wonderful photos that come with each file when they are downloaded.

 I decided to try a  file called Oak Leaf Lantern in the Crisp Days of Fall Kit. Like so many of my files from SVG Cuts this was one I bought so that I could take advantage of their free gift offered each week.

As with all of Mary's (the designer of the SVG files) files and kits, the lantern was easy to assemble- her tutorial  was wonderful and helped make quick work of making the lantern.

I think the lantern turned out well and I can't wait to add a LED tea light to it to see how it glows in the evening.



The little pumpkin beside the lantern is from the Pick a Pumpkin file. I have used this file in the past but never made the little Pumpkin. I think there will be more of those little guys around the house before the Fall season is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment