Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mirro, Mirror on the wall & Miss Baker's Apple

I know the picture does not show how awesome this is in the dark, but it is super easy to do and is a really great affect element.  Ever since the Miss Baker's Classroom SVG Kit by SVGCUTS came out, I have been eyeballing that 3D Apple and thinking "Mirror, Mirror -on the wall."
I found a picture of the Witch from Snow White by doing a google search and then printed on Vellum For the mirror frame I used Jackie's Frame- a free SVG file. I doubled the frame back for strength and added two strips of card stock shaped like an upside down  "T" to back for a stand.  By taping the LED tea light onto the stand where it would be directly behind the face it back lights just perfect for a scary glow.
The apple is done in a blood red and sits at the base of the frame.  Sure hope Snow White isn't hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment